I just had to buy a new laptop, as my current one restarts itself every 10 minutes. Blurg. I haven’t had to buy one in years, so to suddenly be forced to do so was more than a little scary. Computers are in a completely different universe. I stare at one every day from 8:30-5:00, and even peek at my lap top over weekends, and yet I am completely baffled when it comes to choosing the right one for me. It’s black and shiny? Great! The keyboard looks modern? Wonderful! It works? I’m in.
WHAT IF computer specs came in different languages? I mean, I’m sure they come in Spanish and Russian or whatever, but what about “English Major”? Or “I Like Pretty Things”? Maybe even a language for “Sports.”
Wouldn’t computers, and computer shopping, be so much more interesting that way? I’d want to buy a computer every day.
For instance, translating my new laptop into “I Like Pretty Things”:
– Base, Inspiron 14R (Translation: It works)
– Processor, New 2010 Intel® Pentium® P6100 (2.0GHz, 2Threads, 3M cache) (It works quickly)
– Memory+ HDD, 2GB DDR3 Shared Single Channel Memory + 250GB 5400RPM HDD (You can store lots of pictures and music here)
– LCD Panel, 14.0″ High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife (Pretty screen!)
– Video Card, Intel® HD Graphics (More pretty!)
– System Color, Mars Black (You love it)
I think Dell should take this into consideration.